Ascend Roofing Company Answers Your Questions
Questions to Ask About Roofing Companies
Q: If a worker is injured, how will the company protect my personal property from being held liable?
- Because homeowners insurance normally excludes such accidents, the only way to be assured that your installer has the correct insurance is to verify their coverage for employees and subcontractors.
- Ascend Roofing Company, LLC carries Workers Compensation Insurance through Labor and Industry. No roofing subcontractors are ever used
Q: How will they protect you against a Lien being placed against your property?
Your best protection is as follows:
- Get a written waiver of lien from each supplier.
- Deal only with an established roofing company.
- The subcontractors involved the better.
Q: Are they licensed with the State of Washington?
Each contractor in Washington is assigned a license that can be verified with the state as to
Q: Are they listed with…?
- Check with the BBB.
- Check for Reviews on Google, MSN, or Yahoo.
- Call their Suppliers. 1-360-534-9496 Washington Cedar & Supply or
Pioneer Builders Supply 360-352-4000.
- Read Recent Testimonials.
- Also in your packet, we have supplied a list of our customers.
Q: Does the contractor provide a
Materialbeing proposed: Product? Brand? Style?
- Warranties and brochures. Also a range of options and several different price points.
- Roofing Details: This section should be fairly inclusive, including:
Numberof layers of old roofing that are to be removed (it should be all of them). Are trucks used to haul away the debris (preferable, since they can be moved each night) or are dumpsters used? Are all the dumping fees included in the proposal? What is the cost for rot repair – per sheet / per foot / per hour?
Q: If new roof decking is needed, what type and thickness
How is the house going to be vented to meet the manufactures and local requirements?
Type and number of fasteners, wind rating?
We can’t cover all the details here, many are job specific, but a good roofing proposal will have a detailed specification sheet. Make sure you go over the specification sheet item by item with the contractor and ask lots of questions. A good estimator will gladly go over the specifics point by point with you.
Choosing a Pro:
If you choose the right materials, you have about a 1 in 4 chance of getting a long-lasting roof installed. The question is, why do less than 25% of completed roof installations meet the manufacturer’s specifications when the same material is used?
It’s all about the crew on your roof.
FAQ About Ascend Roofing LLC
Q: Are their installers employees or subs?
A: Ascend Roofing uses only our very own trained and experienced employees on all of our roofing projects.
Q: Are they trained and how?
A: Ascend Roofing requires our installers to complete and pass an extensive training course before ever being allowed to enter our apprenticeship program. Once an installer has several years of supervised experience under his belt he can then take the Master Shingler test and move up to advanced training in TPO and Torchdown materials. Safety training never ends.
Q: What certifications do they hold? How about the company?
A: Ascend Roofing is:
- Preferred Pro Contractor for Pabco
- ShingleMaster with CerTainteed
- Preferred Roofing Contractor for Owens Corning
- Certified Residential Contractor with Malarkey
Q: How is the supervising of my project handled?
A: Ascend Roofing Company LLC supervisors are assigned to one job at a time – until your roof is completed, they will be on your job site and available to you for questions and answers.
Q: How will you protect my yard? Plants? Pond? Play structure?
A: Ascend Roofing has plywood to protect windows and tarps to protect ground cover.
Q: What about the clean-up?
A: Ascend Roofing will clean your gutters, blow your walkways clean and run a magnetic wand over your lawn and driveway to keep your property neat and clean.
Q: Who will I communicate with during the job?
A: Ascend Roofing assigns a full time Foreman/Supervisor to your roofing project. Once the job is completed, he will inspect all aspects of the new roof system and turn in his inspection report to the office.
Q: What are the details of the warranty – Labor & Material – are these in writing?
A: Ascend Roofing includes in your proposal packet a copy of our 10 year workmanship warranty. As well as, a one time transferable warranty from our product manufacturer.
Q: How much downpayment is needed? How is the final payment handled?
A: Ascend Roofing requires no down payment. The final bill is mailed out or hand delivered and due upon completion of the project. Personal checks are fine along with Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover card.